Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here. Note:
Coinbase does not have a physical office location in Chicago but we embrace a Remote First culture and our team members can work wherever they'd prefer across the country
Coinbase is seeking engineers to join our team to build new features that improve existing products like Consumer, Pro, Custody, Wallet etc. You will solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems. You will help build the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency accessible to everyone across the globe (desktop, iOS, Android), operating real-time applications with high frequency, low latency updates, keeping the platform safe from fraud and enabling delightful experiences, and managing the most secure, dockerized infrastructure running in the cloud.What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Decompose our monolithic Rails app into microservices
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our backend systems.
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers
Nice to haves:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- You've designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
- You have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size).
- You've build growth experiments or A/B tests.
- You have experience with Blockchains (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum etc..)
- You have experience decomposing a large monolith into microservices.
- You've worked with Golang, Ruby, Docker, Sinatra, Rails, Postgres, MongoDB or Redshift.
- You've built financial, high reliability or security systems.