Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
We are looking for an outstanding paralegal to be a key teammate to the legal operations team directly supporting the regulatory team. You will have the opportunity to work directly on a variety of regulatory affairs and digital asset launch matters. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Data entry of money transmitter licensing quarterly reports into Advologix.
- Prepare correspondence to state regulators on escheatment matters and track responses.
- Maintain regulatory communications and opinion records.
- Maintain records for the regulatory affairs team including money transmitter licensing records.
- Maintain information on license requirements.
- Track regulatory obligations on a company wide basis.
- Coordinate internal director and officer signatures on various domestic state filings and documents.
- Coordinate requests received by the regulatory affairs team from various departments within the company, including compliance exams.
- Project manage processes for the digital asset launch group. Tasks include gathering of documentation, submitting gathered documentation to regulators as needed, taking meeting minutes and record keeping.
- Assist with various projects that may arise.
Nice to haves
- Entrepreneurial skills to better organize the regulatory affairs team.
- 2-4 years of experience as a paralegal, either at a major law firm or in-house.
- Exceptional professional judgment, ideally exercised in a startup environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to execute under pressure and within tight timelines while juggling multiple projects.
- Highest level of accuracy, superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- A self-starter with enthusiasm, who can work independently with minimal oversight on certain projects but who is also a team player and can support on projects when needed.
- Ability to process highly confidential data and maintain discretion.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Familiar with Jira, Advologix and Slack or other related software systems.
- Experience with technology companies (ideally Fintech) whether as clients while at a law firm or as an employer.