Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
We are looking for an HR Coordinator to join our People Operations team. The HR Coordinator will be responsible for supporting Coinbase onboarding, employee inquiries, and People Ops process and policies. This role is critical to enable our business growth and further our mission of creating economic freedom to the world. What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Support new hires by auditing new hire packets disseminating new hire documents to appropriate parties, requesting IT access, setting up performance management and Commuter Benefits profiles, creating timecard, and running end to end employee orientation and onboarding.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports extracting data from HR systems.
- Process new hires, promotion, terminations, and changes in HR systems.
- Responsible for ensuring HRIS is up-to-date at all times.
- Provide support for systems data audits and communicate required changes to HR, Payroll and other departments as needed.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for HR systems, ensuring compliance in all areas
- Respond to employee questions regarding benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Manage administrative processes and procedures for the HR Operations team.
- Support and help with ad hoc projects and requests.
- Respond to requests for employment verification.
Nice to haves:
- BS/BA degree with 1+ years of HR experience.
- Detail and data oriented with impeccable follow through.
- Strong interest in process improvement - you love finding ways to make processes more efficient and streamlined.
- Impeccable judgment and ability to handle confidential information.
- Experience with Google apps, especially Google Sheets. Familiarity with HR systems a plus.
- Creative, innovative, passionate.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Experience in startup culture - comfortable with ambiguity and non-stop problem solving, building, and action