Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Partner strategically with Product, Engineering, and UX Research to drive team strategy, product decisions, and roadmap priorities
- Own end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from vision, ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to final production
- Partner closely with our Design Systems team, to create scalable design frameworks and solutions
- Establish and lead the design function for the Ecosystems product area
- Provide mentorship and design feedback to other design team members
- 7+ years of Product Design experience
- Proven track record of successfully leading design function across a product area
- Ability to own end-to-end design process from initial concept to final implementation
- Mastery of your craft including strong visual & interaction design skills, prototyping, and UX best practices
- Ability to collaborate and partner strategically with UX Research, Product, and Engineering to drive and influence product decisions and strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Low ego and open-minded