Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin, which now stands at a 2+ billion market cap and is adding more than 100 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere.
As a key member of the Accounting team you will support our international offices in all financial and accounting matters including financial operations, financial reporting, managing local financial audits and ensuring we meet regulatory requirements around customer assets and capital requirements. In addition you will also provide important support to the US head office related to the global monthly close, US audits and be the go to person for all international accounting matters at the company. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts for UK, Irish, Bermuda and Hong Kong Circle entities and accompanying variance analysis and report out to the US finance team.
- Manage international audit plans and act as key point of contact for local auditors. Ensure audits deadlines are met with no significant findings.
- Own the translation of US GAAP financial statements to local accounting standard requirements as required for the annual financial statements process. Create separate reporting entities in the accounting system to allow for historical system reporting of translated local accounts.
- Act as key accounting contact both internally and with regulators for international licenses including new license registration, E-money reconciliations and controls around safeguarding of customer monies.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments at Circle to help ensure optimal financial outcomes, mitigate risk and work on strategic initiatives including new product launches.
- Work with the FP&A team to support the annual budgeting and forecasting processes for international locations.
- Perform cash flow forecasting for the various Circle international entities and ensure they are appropriately capitalized from both an operational and regulatory perspective by working closely with Circle's Treasury team.
- Support operational needs of all Circle international entities as required including rollout of new finance systems being point of contact for local banks and setting up international banking payment instructions.
- Provide input on important aspects of the global monthly financial close and US audit process.
- Work closely with Circle's tax team and tax advisors to manage local tax requirements of the UK and Irish entities including VAT returns, corporate tax returns and tax provision calculations.
- Manage fixed assets for the global group including accurate recording of net book values, depreciation and useful lives.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multi Stakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities:
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail;
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals;
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- 8+ years of relevant accounting experience, ideally from public accounting and some time working in a startup environment or for a technology company.
- Experience preparing financial statements under FRS 102 (mandatory) and US GAAP (highly desirable).
- Experience managing audits autonomously, acting as the key point of contact and managing the end-to-end process.
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills to manage accounting workflows and execute on cross-functional projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with multinational companies including multi-currency and consolidation accounting.
- Ability to roll up sleeves on detailed work as needed as well as strategically manage workstreams.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills.
- Experience working in the payments industry or at a SaaS or Technology company would be highly sought after.
- Experience with Sage Intacct and subscription billing tools are a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.