Come work on a vibrant and exciting new social platform that's often been called "Minecraft for Messaging". You'll be part of an ambitious team, merging the best new technologies with modern design, building an immersive new experience, that fundamentally changes the way we socialize online.
They are an agile team, backed by investors in San Francisco, CA.
This is a remote or on-site role. You will be responsible for coding in Node, the following: short form RPGs, characters, objects and items, from scratch, built on our in-house gaming engine. You'll be working closely with their engineering, design and content team as you code new components and push them to our users. This is a creative and highly technical role.
This role will give you the opportunity to...
- Push games and social interactions that affect a massive number of users.
- Code interesting and unique interactive user experiences.
- Contribute new ideas and components to our fast growing architecture.
- Add new features and functionality to the core gaming engine.
- Manage your own pipeline of work and deliverables.
- Flex your skills as a creative coder that can deliver an engaging UX.
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to have...
- An obsession with building delightful consumer UX.
- 5+ years of Node.js development experience.
- 3+ years experience in CSS and HTML.
- A minimum of a BS in Computer Science.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design patterns.
As a bonus, we'd love you to have...
- Proficiency with Typescript.
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD.
- Previous experience building messaging and/or social applications.
- Previous experience with MMO games.
- A love for gaming and creative expression.