Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The Institutional team builds and maintains the most secure crypto storage and brokerage service in the world - storing and trading billions of dollars worth of crypto assets for some of the biggest names in both crypto and finance. We take on hard engineering problems in cryptography, security, blockchain technology, and distributed systems.
As an engineer for Coinbase Institutional, you will build the core Institutional platform, which sits at the intersection of our institutional clients and our proprietary cold storage infrastructure. You'll help build our flagship institutional interface, portfolio management, trading, rewards payout for staking, and user access controls features. You'll also work with our security and risk engineering teams to build trust and safety features to protect customer accounts, without compromising on the user experience. If you're excited by the problem space of designing and delivering engaging user experiences, building performant user interfaces, and building trustworthy financial systems, we should talk! Finally, you will join our growing team - you will be in front of customers and directly part of the feedback loop.
A little about our team: We take continuous learning to heart - every day in our world brings new ideas and opportunities. We take personal ownership of our mission and believe we will deliver on it. We value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.What you'll be doing
What we look for in you
- Build the most reliable, secure and user-friendly crypto internal operations tools in the world
- Build and ship using modern tools like React, Jest, Webpack, and styled components
- Construct visualizations that are able to depict data in real time
- Coordinating with several teams with diverse product requirements
- Create functional features that maximize operational efficiency
- Define the long term technical vision for internal tools across half of Coinbase
Nice to haves
- You have at least 4 years of experience in software engineering.
- You've developed and shipped user-facing features using component-based UI frameworks.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
- You've worked on front-end teams in the finance or security space