Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
At Coinbase, our vision is to build an open financial system for the world, and to get there we'll need to continually learn from our data. Data scientists are focused on this critical step of converting data into learning.
You'll spend part of your time collaborating closely with business partners in product, engineering, finance and marketing teams - to ensure we're focused on the biggest opportunities and interpreting our data correctly. And you'll spend the other part of your time with the Data team building analytics models and systems that help scale our insights more broadly, both throughout the company and directly in the product. We expect you to demonstrate clear communication, strong desire to execute and best-in-class craftsmanship. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Measure business performance, develop core metrics and create dashboards to track and understand them.
- Identify data, metrics and analyses needs for business partners; Initiate, develop and maintain data pipelines and data models that powers dashboards and data products with outstanding craftsmanship.
- Perform deep analyses and build models to understand customer behavior, and extract key insights that impact product decisions.
- Synthesize data learnings into compelling stories and communicate them throughout Coinbase.
- Act as a strategic partner to functional teams and Coinbase executives; initiate and execute on data-driven analyses to help prioritize opportunities and provide actionable recommendations
- Prototype new analytics & machine learning models that improve both our insights and the product directly.
- Work across multiple subject matter experts to drive new data initiatives, automation of reports, establish best practices and mentor junior members in the team.
- Lead analytics projects to completion.
- Work with the broader Data team to find ways to scale our insights through better systems and automation.
Nice to haves:
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrate our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- Understanding of statistical concepts and experience in applying them.
- Experience in data analyses using SQL.
- Experience in at least one programming language (e.g. R, Python, Java, Ruby, Scala/Spark, or Perl).
- Be able to independently create plans for analytics projects and build collaboration within the team.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Be able to proactively manage prioritization of work and deliver work with great quality and influence the broader team in creating leverage.
- Previous experience working with financial services data is a plus.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other business intelligence platforms.
- Domain experience in product, marketing, growth, or other business analytics areas.
- Experience manipulating large amounts of structured and unstructured data.