Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin, which now stands at a 2+ billion market cap and is adding more than 100 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere.
We're looking for an accountant who is self-motivated, has an eye for detail and a customer first mindset to join our growing accounting team. You will ensure the accounts payable process is streamlined and accurate, our operating cash positions are reconciled and get valuable exposure to other areas of the accounting close. The real world operational accounting experience you will acquire in a rapid growth environment will be invaluable to your development as an accounting professional. What you'll work on
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Support the US and international accounts payable processes, ensure invoices are accurately recorded and approved vendor invoices are paid on time to provide the company's internal and external stakeholders with a high level of service.
- Prepare inputs to monthly close including journal entries, accruals, prepayments and reconciling balance sheet and expense accounts.
- Complete weekly bank reconciliations for US, UK and Ireland operational bank accounts.
- Review Concur invoice and purchase order workflow on a daily basis to ensure invoice approvals are gathered, new vendors created and purchase orders issued.
- Prepare and perform weekly electronic payments runs (wires/ACHs) compiling all supporting documentation and distributing payment remittances to vendors.
- Support other aspects of the account payable process including preparing weekly bills registers, processing expense claims and preparing AP aging analysis.
- Demonstrate a drive for excellence for your customers by responding in a timely manner to vendors and internal stakeholders to address accounts payable inquiries.
What you'll bring to Circle
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- 2+ years relevant accounting experience ideally supporting the accounts payable function.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Flexibility to work independently and cross functionally with teams in a fast-paced, high volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative team player, while also capable of doing self-directed/self-initiated work.
- Passion for delivering high quality outcomes for the accounting team's internal and external customers.
- Experience in the financial services or payment processing industries is a plus.
- Experience with Sage Intacct and Concur SAP are a plus but not a requirement.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.