Lead Data Scientist
We have partnered with an ambitious startup who are building the future of television.
Seeking a Lead Data Scientist with experience in leading data-driven product development and comprehensive business analytics.
The ideal candidate will have competence with statistical modeling and independently developing data-driven insights in the face of ambiguity. Experience using Machine Learning to build data-driven product features is a strong bonus.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to design, execute and analyze experiments to improve the product, user experience, and signup conversion rates.
- Collaborate with the engineering team on data pipeline to support advanced analysis of customer acquisition and retention efforts (influenced by product features and marketing activity).
- Create and own predictive models for key business and customer performance metrics.
- Design, build and maintain automated dashboards that connect data from internal and external data sources to support reporting, data discovery and statistical analysis that inform product priorities and marketing decisions
- Deliver quick insights on ad hoc projects and analyses as necessary
- Passionately analytical and innately curious creative thinker
- Solid technical database knowledge and experience optimizing SQL queries on large data sets
- Experience with A/B testing and analysis
- Experience with advanced statistical methods
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, particularly the ability to explain and present analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience with statistical tools (e.g. SAS, R, Python)
- 3-5+ years of experience in business and data analytics after graduation
- BS or MS degree in Statistics, Math, Data Science, CS or related discipline
- Hands-on experience with BI and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Periscope, Domo)
- Programming skills, in particular, experience with statistical libraries in python
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning experience
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary, company stock options, and health benefits
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 "TV stipend" for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!