Locations: CT-Hartford, MA-Wellesley, NY-New York
Intelletec has partnered in helping the Nation's Premier Health Innovators in helping people on their path to better health. They are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care!!
Leads and participates in the design, built and management of large scale data structures and pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows.
- Key skills: Data Pipelines, ETL (short for Extract, Transform, Load), data warehouse, data warehousing, data architecture, database
- Key tools & technologies: Programming (Python), Data Warehousing (Hadoop, MapReduce, HIVE, PIG, Apache Spark, Kafka) and databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Develops large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
- Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes.
- Uses knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines.
- Uses strong programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
- Builds data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers.
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions.
- Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
- 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience.Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
- Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.Knowledge in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.
- Knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
- Experience building data transformation and processing solutions.
- Has strong knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
- Master's degree or PhD preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.