A small, but very ambitous television startup Company are looking for experienced engineers to continue the development of their platform.
The Company offer an entertainment-focused streaming service nationwide (US) created to build a better TV experience. The company started in the college market as a laboratory for creating a next-generation TV platform and has progressed to allow intelligent search, insightful discovery, and sharing.
They are HQ'd in SF, with a number of locations across the US. Leadership includes one of the founders of the most successful tech Company around, plus many from the entertainment industry. The Role
Experience we are looking for
- Brainstorming, designing, implementing, and rolling out the next generation of their system to handle an order of magnitude more channels, users, and recordings.
- Developing video pipeline: building a highly available transcoding, segmentation, and video hosting and storage system.
- Automating system configuration: since we're a small team, constantly deploying both new hardware systems and code in cloud infrastructure, we have no choice but to heavily automate our infrastructure.
- Hacking on our monitoring and management system: we graph, track, and alert on all kinds of metrics up and down our stack, giving us important insight into performance trends and helping us catch issues before they impact our users.
- Finding cheaper, faster, better solutions: both in our cloud environment and our hardware-based systems, we're always trying to reduce costs and improve our product.
- Language relatively agnostic, Server side is Go, Node, Ruby (plus a little C++ and Python when needed)
- Infrastructure is Kubernetes, CI/CD across all platforms
Salary | Bonus | Equity |
Full benefits, flexible working, great PTO and vacation amongst other bonuses.