Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
At Coinbase, we aren't only building a global scale consumer product, but also a powerful platform for the next generation of decentralized applications. DeFi plays a critical role in proving the utility of crypto and to Coinbase's mission of an open financial system. Our goal is to give users in every part of the world access to the power of cryptocurrency and decentralized applications.
You'll work closely with our product and design teams to identify what our customers need and work cross-functionally with other engineering and non-engineering teams to create a game-changing platform (often at the cutting edge of blockchain tech). If you're passionate about cryptocurrency, the decentralized web, hard engineering problems, and building great user experiences, we should talk. What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Architect and build new interfaces that let Coinbase users safely access the full spectrum of open financial protocols
- Work closely with product and design colleagues to inform our product strategy with your technical insights
- Raise the bar on user experience and security, while bringing the latest crypto innovations to millions of Coinbase users
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers
Nice to haves:
- 2+ years of experience writing smart contracts or building decentralized apps and deploying them in a production environment
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering designing, building, and scaling production services
- You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- You write high-quality code and are paranoid about security
- You've experienced architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together
- You're familiar with current trends and best practices when building Decentralized Finance (DeFi) apps and protocols
- You've worked with Golang, Ruby, Docker, Sinatra, Rails, Postgres, MongoDB or Redshift.