Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin, which now stands at a 2+ billion market cap and is adding more than 100 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. What you'll be responsible for:
As the Global Tax Director you will be responsible for leading Circle's international tax strategy, tax compliance and tax provision activities as an integral part of the global finance team. You will provide hands-on leadership for all tax activities, including oversight of all Circle tax compliance across the Circle international footprint, managing financial and tax related risks for new products and customer agreements, managing the international transfer pricing framework and calculation of tax provisions for financial reporting purposes. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Responsible for corporate tax filings and the preparation of tax provision process for all Circle entities in every jurisdiction where Circle operates (currently more than ten entities).
- Collaborating with executive management to develop a vision for a tax efficient global corporate structure that is flexible and meets our business needs.
- Act as advisor for the company on new product launches and customer agreements to ensure tax risks are mitigated.
- Be a partner to cross-functional teams to advise on any necessary tax reporting requirements for our global customer base
- Project manage and execute the calendar of filing deliverables to ensure compliance with tax deliverables for US federal, state and all foreign income taxes (including annual tax returns, Forms 8858, 5471, VAT, International Corporate taxes, etc.)
- Manage any tax audits that may arise for state, federal and international returns.
- Manage relationships with external tax advisors and investors.
- Present on tax matters at Audit and Risk Committee and board meetings as required.
- Research and analyze technical tax issues and their impact on tax provisions and disclosures.
- Prepare all tax provision disclosures for financial reporting purposes and ensure compliance with relevant US GAAP and international financial reporting requirements.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- 10+ years of US and international tax experience, ideally with a mix of public accounting firm and private industry experience.
- Graduate degree in taxation preferred.
- Experience with managing a global tax compliance and provision process.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to autonomously research, interpret and document tax requirements and implications for the company.
- Knowledge of implementing transfer pricing frameworks and methodologies.
- Excellent command of tax related financial reporting requirements for both US GAAP and International financial reporting standards.
- Strong written and oral communicator, comfortable presenting to executives, audit and risk committee or Board of Directors.
- Prior experience working at a rapid growth Technology company or in the fintech or payments industry would be highly sought after.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.