ConsenSys AG, a leading blockchain company is seeking an attorney to join its dynamic legal team. About Our Company
ConsenSys AG is a venture production studio and a global technology firm with a focus on the Ethereum ecosystem. Following the recent spin-out of the ConsenSys Software brand, ConsenSys AG continues to incubate and invest in companies in the crypto ecosystem, as well as manage its sizable portfolio of several dozen companies. Our company is led by Joseph Lubin, a co-founder of the Ethereum project and CEO of ConsenSys Software Inc. Our mission is to use decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. About Our Team
The legal team at ConsenSys AG provides a broad range of support services to the various businesses, including marquis projects such as Gitcoin, OpenLaw, Decrypt and Treum. The work is varied but usually somewhere along the intersection of investment management, regulatory analysis, strategic business advice and general corporate work. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient is a requirement, we are confident you'll enjoy working with us and the broader ConsenSys team. ConsenSys is a remote-first company. Responsibilities
We are looking for someone to supplement and complement the current team at ConsenSys AG. We believe lawyers work best when they are challenged, intellectually stimulated and pursuing their personal interests. We look forward to crafting a role that fits ConsenSys's growing needs while charting a compelling career path for our new team member. To start, we'll need help with the following:
Ideal Experience and Skills
- Provide strategic legal advice, counsel and support to ConsenSys's business leaders and dozens of internal and external projects.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments and strategies.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of documents including, but not limited to, commercial agreements, investments, corporate events for portfolio companies, professional services, marketing, internal policies, employment agreements, and vendor agreements.
- You will work closely with the existing team and also partner with internal support functions like Finance, HR, IT and the office of the CEO.
- A JD or LLM from a leading accredited U.S. law school and a license to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- 2-4 years of transactional or regulatory experience at a large reputable law firm and/or in-house
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements
- Fund or investment experience a plus
- Fluency in, or a strong desire to learn about, blockchain technology and related legal issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hard-charging, innovative, and comfortable with high levels of responsibility
- Comfort with being self-directed and learning quickly to tackle time-sensitive tasks
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Ability to effectively engage with business and legal counterparts
- Ability to handle multiple projects and matters simultaneously
- A proven academic or professional track-record demonstrating hard work, ambition and a dedication to self-improvement and excellence
ConsenSys AG is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.