Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin, which now stands at a 2+ billion market cap and is adding more than 100 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
The Compliance and Risk Testing Analyst is responsible for executing the testing program to evaluate the effectiveness of established company internal controls. These controls apply to regulatory requirements and other non-compliance risk mitigation. The position will also assist the Regulatory and Compliance Risk Manager in conducting risk assessments. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Implement, and manage Circle's Risk and Compliance Testing Program to assess compliance with internal processes, existing and/or new statutory and regulatory requirements, and the effectiveness of internal controls to mitigate risks.
- Perform periodic testing in various sectors, such as anti-money laundering controls of Circle and any third parties upon which Circle relies for such compliance.
- Execute the testing segments of enterprise-wide risk assessments.
- Contribute to the development of compliance testing methodologies to be utilized across the company.
- Complete timely reviews and adequately document the evaluation of the effectiveness of the internal controls.
- Discuss, track, and report potential corrective action plans with the business and provide corresponding recommendations.
- Collaborate with various teams as necessary regarding issue identification and control implementation.
- Perform other activities as assigned.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multi-stakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Bachelor's degree
- Finance, Economics, or Accounting degree preferred
- 2 years of experience in Compliance Risk Management, with compliance and/or risk and control testing strongly preferred
- Intermediate working knowledge of Google Product Suite and Apple products
- SQL knowledge is preferable
- Cryptocurrency knowledge is preferable
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.