Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin, which now stands at a 2+ billion market cap and is adding more than 100 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. What you'll be responsible for:
As an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Analyst, you'll join our AML and Sanctions Team helping understand the risks posed by our customers at onboarding and throughout the lifecycle. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML compliance, who is extremely customer focused and enjoys solving problems. What you will be working on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Conduct KYC onboarding of institutional customers, reviewing client documentation/information for sufficiency, accuracy and legitimacy.
- Conduct EDD reviews of high risk to determine the AML/sanctions risk posed to Circle by the customer and make recommendations on whether to retain high risk customers while achieving Circle's mission.
- Work with our institutional customers to help onboard their own customers.
- Identify red flags, suspicious activity, investigate patterns / typologies and work on appropriate solutions.
- Conduct sanctions, PEP, and adverse media checks.
- Ensure customers are compliant with the laws and regulations to satisfy Circle's obligations to the appropriate regulatory authorities.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- B.A./B.S. degree; quantitative or technical degree a plus.
- 2+ years experience performing KYC at a financial institution, ideally in FinTech
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgement.
- Ability to maintain a strong operational focus with the ability to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities.
- CAMS, CFCS or CFE certification is a plus.
Bermuda, Ireland or the United Kingdom preferred. Other locations may be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.