Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
As the Manager for Client Services, you will lead the team responsible for providing end-to-end, high-touch support for high value traders, institutions and businesses. With the combination of in-depth crypto expertise, a strong technical skill set and experience in managing strategic accounts, you will play a major role in crafting our strategy for scalability in Asia. Given that this function lives within the Customer Experience organization, you will also be expected to collaborate with the global operations leadership team to deliver world class support. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Solve both tactical and strategic problems for institutional clients located primarily in Asia, but also for global clients trading during Asian hours
- Help create a better client experience by synthesizing and championing client feedback to other parts of the organization such as the product and engineering teams
- Work with the Head of Client Services and the Institutional Coverage team to improve and execute on an effective account management framework across different customer segments
- Develop a deep understanding of clients' business models and their needs through relationship building and management
- Serve as a proactive thought leader across Customer Experience Operations, with a bias towards action and the ability to contribute to overall organizational strategy and direction.
- Effectively hire, manage and develop a high performing team that provides an end to end suite of services for high value traders, institutions and businesses in Asia
- Develop technical, subject matter expertise across all institutional products and services
- Utilize knowledge of crypto markets to solve complex challenges in a dynamic environment.
- Make informed, data driven decisions by using an in-depth understanding of metrics, reporting, market knowledge and financials
- Foster a highly engaged organization, setting up opportunities for career development and growth.
Nice to haves:
- Motivated by Coinbase's mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global institutional customer base.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct management experience.
- Mandarin Chinese spoken and written fluency.
- Experience serving institutional clients in a traditional brokerage, asset management, or trading context; or experience serving crypto-first investors.
- Excellent track record of growing and managing deeply engaged, high performing teams.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and client locations, based on needs.
- Deep subject matter expertise and experience in crypto and/or financial services, ideally in client services, sales, payments, compliance and/or risk operations.
- Japanese and/or Korean spoken and written fluency
- Expertise with trading APIs, especially crypto exchange APIs
- Advanced experience in project management, analytics or quality assurance.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or blockchain.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.