ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/ .About Infura
Infura's development suite provides instant, scalable API access to the Ethereum and IPFS networks. Our world-class infrastructure ensures that developers can reliably scale their decentralized application to meet user demand. It's powered by a cutting-edge microservice-driven architecture that dynamically scales to support our APIs.
Thousands of developers are actively using Infura every day. Our request response times are up to 20x faster than our nearest competitor, our API suite always has the latest network updates, and we maintain a record of 99.95% network uptime. The strength, reliability and stability of Infura's infrastructure service makes the brand an essential pillar of the Ethereum ecosystem.
About the role:
* Architect and build software that helps Ethereum and IPFS clients (like Geth and Go-ipfs) to scale massively
* Understand application security and vulnerabilities, stay current on existing or potential exploits, create threat models and provide relevant technical guidance for all development teams
* Implement internal and external security practices and related tooling, manage security certifications and compliance as needed
* Collaborate with a team of senior engineers to build the infrastructure powerhouse of the decentralized world
* Experience with API design and implementation
* Ability to architect software using the services provided by a cloud provider
* Ability to incorporate the requirements of both the frontend and infrastructure domains into software design
* Understanding of OWASP Top 10 and typical defenses
* Understanding of security risks and threat models as they relate to distributed systems
* Experience with typical security controls such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, vulnerability scanners, etc.
* Good understanding of OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML and related specifications
* Familiarity with AWS
* Familiarity with Linux
* Familiarity with Docker
* Familiarity with Redis
* Familiarity with RDMSes such as MySQL
* Ability to analyze and optimize performance in high-traffic internet applications
* A constant desire to improve, learn more, and take things higher
* Strong communication and documentation skills as well as proven ability to work within a team
* At least four years' backend engineering experience, a large portion of which in a team-based, security-focused environment and role
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experienceWhy join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You'll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects - challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.