Our Series A Fintech client based in San Francisco are building a mobile banking app that is challenging the status quo and building a premium debit card to align incentives with new members.
As a Senior Founding Engineer, you will work alongside a lean and highly-talented team. One of the co-founders designed the interface of the first iPhone and they have already launched and scaled to millions of dollars in transactional volume with a small team The company is well-funded and supported by top investors ( during COVID ) and are backed by the same investors behind companies like Airbnb, Stripe, Notion, and many others. Your role:
- You will work to ensure integrations with key vendors are stable and reliable - our card issuer, card printer, identity verification vendors, Plaid, etc.
- You will build the backend logic that powers new features. Potential examples: instant bank transfers, custom rewards - features that will enable Point to attract and retain more members.
- You will build a scalable infrastructure that can handle very large amounts of data with low latency.
- Have been working as a backend engineer for 3+ years with at least 2 of them using Node.js, AWS, PostgresQL, and GraphQL. Usually language experience doesn't really matter to us but we're moving quickly and would like for you to have experience with our current stack.
- Worked at a really small start-up that went from 0 → 1 and understand how to scale backend systems.
- Are thoughtful with balancing moving quickly and cautiously by testing software before shipping - given the sensitive nature of our product we need to ensure Point is reliable and secure at all times.
- Have spent time working in a senior engineer role but are still excited about being a core contributor to the codebase.
- Actually care about building a consumer product that has thoughtful and intuitive design across the stack - from mobile app UI to the database architecture.