Our client based in Toronto is a rapidly expanding interactive video platforms who are on a remarkable trajectory and have become the largest premium generated content platform in the global digital ecosystem. Due to rapid demand, they are seeking a Senior Product Designer to join their team in Toronto.
As a Senior Designer, you will help to grow audience reach at an exponential pace and you will help to bring a visual concept to life across multiple platforms.
In this role, you will work collaboratively and build iteratively with a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, product managers, content strategists, user researchers, marketers, and more. You bring strong front-end development expertise and enjoy a fast-paced, sprint-oriented environment.
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, and other global teams to visualize, develop, and implement meaningful product concepts, creation tools, prototypes, and process optimization across the web, web apps, TV apps, and mobile
- Drive the design process and facilitate to the finish line; this includes understanding product and design challenges, ideating on information architecture solutions, prototyping, testing various iterations, and managing design handoffs to other stakeholders
- Assess, build, and measure the performance for the current business-facing web-based dashboard designs and other business-facing platform services
- Drive continuous research and development to effectively serve as an advocate for product design and the voice of the user experience in strategic product design decisions
- Conduct design QA and acceptance testing for product releases
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- 5+ years of progressive experience as a Product Designer for a mix of consumer-facing web and mobile technologies and B2B
- Advanced knowledge of product design R&D, UX, information architecture, and technical front-end development
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presenting, influencing) and able to effectively articulate to various technical and non-technical audiences
- Team-oriented and thrives in a collaborative, flat start-up environment where rapid prototyping and design sprints are the norm
- Can lead with creativity but measure and iterate through data insights
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to track product design progress and initiatives
- Knowledge and passion for the industry