Our fast-growing Series A data company are hiring a hybrid customer-facing Software Engineer, who will act as the trusted technical bridge between the team and external customers and partners.
You will play a critical part in managing core workflows, including running customer technical onboarding, triaging/handling requests and questions about data products, creating technical documentation, incident management, and providing technical expertise to internal teams. This position will report directly to the CTO. This position will involve traveling up to 20% of the time (this is frozen during COVID times).
- You've worked as a customer-facing software engineer, technical product manager, or held a similar role at a cutting-edge technology company
- You've developed and led (or are comfortable developing/leading) customer technical onboardings, training, or have experience triaging and handling customer issues
- You've managed the rollout of a new product or feature
- You're comfortable and experienced in writing code in either Scala or Java
- You've worked extensively with either SQL or Spark SQL
- You have experience building / deploying data pipelines either on-prem or in the cloud
- You have experience with distributed systems, cloud technologies, and open-source technologies like Spark, GCP, Azure, and Airflow from the developer / DevOps perspective
- You can speak to ways that you have personally demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills (ideally in a data analytics heavy environment)
What you'll do:
Our client is a remote-friendly company with team members in San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City, and more.
- Strategize and lead customers to solutions; Deep dive into geospatial data offering to assist with client inquiries and derive insights
- Own the technical customer onboarding process and develop and lead technical training
- Assist with use case discovery and scoping
- Regularly work with the sales, product, engineering, and operations teams to provide product feedback that steers the product vision
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, assisting engineering in re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc…
- Own your destiny - investigate, propose, and action your ideas to help us achieve our potential as a business