Senior Systems AdministratorAbout ConsenSys:
ConsenSys is a product technology company focused on building and scaling tools and enterprise software products powered by Ethereum. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where self-direction, determination, and resilience are prerequisites, we would love to hear from you. About the role:
As a Senior Systems Administrator on the Technology & Security team, you will assist with the day-to-day technical operations of ConsenSys staff and the systems they utilize, both locally and remote. You will also serve as a technical project manager on numerous larger-scale infrastructure and technology projects that affect the organization at large. Responsibilities include:
As a Senior Systems Administrator, your main duties will involve maintaining computer systems, including:
- Help Desk ticketing management and remote support
- Hardware and software support
- Videoconferencing (both digital and physical)
- Onboarding and offboarding tasks for new hires and departing employees
- General desk side technical assistance
- Execution of large-scale technical projects and company-wide technology initiatives
As the main IT point of contact for our EMEA employees, you will also be involved in assisting with any and all technical projects as we scale various teams, including:
- Procuring and shipping equipment to remote employees
- Installation, cabling, and relocation of networking, A/V, and office equipment
- Other IT-related tasks as required
Bonus points for:
- You have a background in systems administration with a record of progressively expanding responsibilities.
- You are proficient with mixed Mac and PC environments, networking, and SaaS platform administration (such as Okta/SSO identity management, G Suite/Google systems, Slack, video conferencing, Atlassian products, etc.)
- You have used a ticketing system and/or CRM platform for issue and support tracking.
- You have a thirst for knowledge and great research skills; you love independently solving problems and developing creative solutions to complex challenges.
- You are a self-starter with initiative and drive to accomplish goals with minimal direction.
- You are adaptive and quick on your feet, able to deal well with ambiguity and shifting priorities and business needs.
- You are empathetic and caring, with a user-focused mentality and a drive to deliver world-class customer service.
Perks of being part of a unique organisation like ConsenSys:
- Experience and/or interest in DevOps support and/or cloud service provider platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Information Security experience, such as responding to security incidents, reviewing console logs, auditing systems access, or working with SOCs.
- Experience with GDPR requests, DSARs, and/or other data access or legal discovery requests.
- Enthusiasm and interest in blockchain technology, including previous internships, co-op's and/or work experience in blockchain and/or Fintech.
Deep technical challenges.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You'll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.