Location: San Francisco, CA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
Business Operations & Strategy is a cross-functional team working to drive strategic decision-making across the whole company. The team partners with senior leadership at Coinbase to deliver high-impact strategic projects and data analysis, as well as to help implement their recommendations. This position will work directly with our head of product for Coinbase's Consumer business, helping them and their organization to make better decisions with data. They will also have regular opportunities to work across the product portfolio. Consumer is our largest business line, and the person in this role will be critical to driving the growth and success of Coinbase overall. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Serve as a key thought partner, advisor, and sounding board to the Consumer organization
- Collaborate closely with our Product leadership to identify, analyze, and resolve the critical issues facing our business
- Partner with product managers, engineers, designers, user researchers, and many other teams to develop actionable recommendations that improve Coinbase's products for all of our users
- Seek out and use first- and third-party data sources to support your analysis and effectively communicate insights to product and business leaders
- Deeply understand the drivers of our business, proactively identifying ways to improve performance, effectiveness, and efficiency
Nice to haves
- 6+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, and/or an operating role at a high-growth start-up or tech company
- Keen structured & strategic thinking, with an innate ability to synthesize complex information from a variety of sources into implementable recommendations
- A track record of managerial leadership and expertise in growing & developing high-functioning teams
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency and Coinbase's business
- Basic proficiency with SQL, R, or Python