ConsenSys is a blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, and developers. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized world wide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. What you'll get to work on:
The ConsenSys Marketing team is searching for a Community Manager. In this role, the team member will support MetaMask, Airswap, Codefi, Protocol Labs, and other DeFi related product offerings with social media and community building activities, develop event and experiential deliverables like webinars, virtual conferences, and programming for direct and developer channels, leverage the Ethereal footprint for programming that positive impacts our products and commercial outcomes, and develop online education resources around DeFi and other protocols and generate revenue as a result Required Skills:
Bonus Points for:
- 5-8 years of experience in a community management, marketing, or strategy/business development role.
- Ability to work in a complex environment supporting a broader team of members with different view points and backgrounds
- Experience planning and hosting in-person events and meetups to hit strategic goals, as well as vetting sponsorships and speaking engagements.
- Experience creating content that drives engagement and lead generation in the decentralized finance industry.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written skills - you must be able to communicate effectively to a diversity of constituents with varying degrees of understanding of ConsenSys, blockchain and Ethereum.
- Excellent social and networking skills, with the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate.
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships with clients at all levels in an organisation.
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business needs.
- Authentic interest in blockchain technology and the future of Web3.
- Experience with analytics tools and platforms for measuring success.
- High degree of end-user empathy and ability to envision and understand how they will interact with a blockchain product or service and what will and won't appeal to them.
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and a positive, can-do attitude.
Why join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- Experience working with Blockchain technology and decentralised systems.
- Skilled at Google Analytics, Social Media tools, Google docs and drives, Slack, Quip and Zoom.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team.
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, team leads at leading tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.