Location: New York, NY
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The role will serve as the Compliance Tools subject matter expert and escalation point for both to the wider Compliance function and cross-functionally and manage relevant Compliance Tools related to Anti Money Laundering and other Compliance functions. The person will be required to build and nurture relationships with cross-functional engineering partners and help Compliance achieve key objectives and results. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Directly responsible individual (DRI) for Enterprise Compliance Tools including but not limited to Transaction Monitoring System (TMS), Screening (Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media), and Customer Risk Rating;
- Lead Compliance Tools team within Enterprise Compliance Team and work with Compliance stakeholders globally to develop the necessary tools and metrics;
- Partner with Coinbase Product, Data, Internal Tools and Enterprise Applications teams and manage development, successful user testing, production launch, maintenance and ongoing enhancements to Compliance Tools;
- Drive ongoing tuning and optimization of Compliance Tools
- Track emerging cryptocurrency risks and relevant regulatory changes (ex: Travel Rule and 5MLD) and drive necessary adaptation of Compliance Tools;
- Develop metrics and dashboards for Compliance team management, project support and management reporting;
- Develop system governance and change management controls; maintain supporting documentation;
Nice to haves
- At least a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 7+ years in financial services compliance either at a large global financial institution or a consulting firm with relevant experience
- 5+ years of relevant hands on experience with development, enhancements and management of key Compliance Tools like Transaction Monitoring System (TMS), Sanctions Screening, KYC/Onboarding
- Management experience in a matrixed environment with team size of 3+ members
- Excellent communication skills and presence; ability to work in a cross functional and matrixed environment
- Entrepreneurial attitude and experience with, or the ability to adapt to, a rapidly growing start-up with associated complexities and ambiguities
- Effective project management skills with the ability to oversee multiple projects at any one time
- Understanding of/solid interest in blockchain technology and crypto, payments and/or financial services industry
- Knowledge of crypto and blockchain systems