Location: New York, NY
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
On the institutional side of our business, some of the world's most sophisticated clients have chosen Coinbase's industry leading offerings for both Custody and Trading.
We are growing our Institutional Coverage team and are looking for motivated people to help chart the path of a new and rapidly expanding business. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, then you've come to the right place.
Our institutional clients are both "crypto-forward" and just getting into crypto and you will be part of a team that cultivates key customer relationships in the US and abroad. This team will develop and execute the strategies to deliver on some of Coinbase's key growth objectives.
While this role is for Coinbase's New York City office, there is flexibility to be remotely based in the Tri-State region. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Develop and grow relationships with prospective institutional clients.
- Proactively cultivate existing client relationships and drive value with senior stakeholders.
- Implement strategies to deliver on key revenue targets for the business.
- Help the business scale by collaborating with teammates to create, optimize, and maintain processes for sales, support and the CRM.
- Serve as an expert across Coinbase's institutional products.
- Deliver a white glove experience to every client.
- Collaborate across Product, Support and Compliance teams to continuously improve the customer experience.
Nice to haves
- 8+ years relevant experience, preferably in a sell-side role covering institutional clients.
- Ability to independently source and close high profile clients.
- Solid strategic thinking, client-facing communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Startup mentality, willing to work across the organization to get things done.
- Experience using a CRM systems like Salesforce.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and a passion for technology.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Experience working in or with prime brokers and prime services.
- Interest in crypto and digital assets.
- Experience in derivatives trading
- Strong analytical capabilities