Location: Remote - USA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The IT Operations Team at Coinbase owns the back office functions that help the company scale and execute on work in a fast, secure and reliable fashion. As we've grown, our need for a dedicated function around IT procurement and asset/inventory management has increased. This is a small but growing team (you would be employee #2!) and will be focusing on order processing as well as helping to identify tooling and processes needs to ensure we are meeting our global scale needs. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Purchase hardware/software in a timely manner to attain cost & inventory objectives, minimizing risk for the organization
- Partner with Global Service Desk to define and implement inventory management processes and policies
- Assist with IT asset lifecycle: procurement, tracking/assignment, reallocation and disposal
- Maintain vendor relationships while forecasting demand, maintaining levels according to forecasted projects a growth projections
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing and FP&A to help with budget estimations and compliance
- Collaborate with partners like Legal, Strategic Sourcing, Accounts Payable and PM teams to ensure smooth on/off boarding of new vendors and tooling
- Develop and manage reporting tools and excel models, tracking and reporting key metrics
- Ability to prioritize requests and communicate effectively in a deadline oriented environment
Nice to haves
- Experience in large-scale multi-country companies, with an understanding of international implications on procurement from a US based company
- Knowledge of inventory tracking and ordering processes and familiar with various software used to manage inventory, for example: Coupa, Netsuite, Abacus, etc.
- Deep passion for operational efficiencies and someone who excels in documentation and knowledge sharing
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-house and with vendors/suppliers globally
- Metrics guided, with the ability to exercise judgment and operate autonomously
- Experience with Jira Service Desk and operational understanding of ticket management