Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The Content Strategy team at Coinbase works to educate and inspire current and future customers about the benefits of crypto and current and future employees about Coinbase values. Our educational multimedia content lives inside and outside of the product and supports Retail, Institutional, and Parent Co brand and acquisition efforts.
Coinbase's Manager of Content Strategy, Institutional will partner closely with Institutional PMM and Comms teams to devise, build, write, and deliver high impact, content-led marketing activities that amplify and reinforce the intelligence and relevance of our institutional brand, and bolster growth across a variety of institutional client segments. This person will act as an entrepreneur, building and executing a best-in-class strategy around generating thought-leadership, case studies, and market commentary that can be used to drive awareness and the value props of our institutional offerings across many channels.
The ideal candidate brings deep knowledge of financial services, instruments and asset classes, and knowledge of crypto and how it can fit into portfolio strategies. Additionally, this person shows a combination of strategic thinking, a hands' on approach as a "builder," a thirst for knowledge about the institutional client, attention to detail, and seamless project management and execution capabilities. As it relates to the craft, this candidate demonstrates analytical rigor; a high bar for integrity, trust and quality; and a driving curiosity to stay on the cutting edge of this fast-moving world. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Build the programs in partnership with the marketing and comms teams to proactively drive our narrative and raise our institutional profile via exec thought-leadership blog posts, client case studies, and market commentary, among other content products.
- Create and produce all externally-facing outputs from institutional events that aligns to institutional business and Parent Company brand priorities.
- Conduct writing of institutional marketing landing pages.
- Support overall vision for institutional marketing, introducing ideas and robust approaches for better understanding our clients' needs and proactive content that shapes perception of the space.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the Content team to schedule, amplify, and cross-promote institutional content programs.
- Expertise in financial content marketing. You have proven experience creating content about products, financial instruments, and asset classes across financial services relevant to institutional investors, family offices, funds, and VCs.
- Good judgement. Coinbase is operating in a highly-regulated and rapidly-evolving global space. Everything we publish has the potential to meaningfully affect people's lives (and wealth). You recognize and respect that responsibility.
- Initiative and collaboration. We're at a hyper-growth stage, and the ability to start from scratch, drive yourself, know when to ask for input, and communicate clearly along the way are critical to everyone's success.
- Self-starter with a flexible mindset. In shades of gray, you are comfortable devising an informed point of view. You don't need firm guidelines in place in order to get started. In fact, you are happy to put something down that everyone can work from.
- Curiosity and an open mind. We're a culture of learners and we welcome a humble approach.
- Relentless drive for accuracy. We care about what we say and how we say it. Every word matters.