Lead Protocol Engineer (PegaSys)
London, Dublin, Remote About ConsenSys
ConsenSys is a blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, and developers. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized world wide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. About PegaSys:
The Protocol Engineering team within ConsenSys aims to cultivate an ecosystem of blockchain protocols and tools to enable a more effective and decentralized world.
We'll achieve this through working with the Ethereum community to develop innovative enterprise-grade protocols and tools, which are scalable, reliable and easy to deploy.
Learn more about our products and team at www.pegasys.tech.
We're seeking a seasoned Software Engineer to lead a development team and be the main point of contact for a large institutional client for the protocol engineering team. What you'll get to work on:
Lead the creation of a world-class Enterprise Ethereum blockchain product.
- Build and lead a development team;
- Lead by example as an individual contributor software engineer;
- Work directly with a large institutional external client to build solutions that work for them.
- 8+ years experience in Software Development;
- 3+ years of strong technical leadership experience;
- Deep understanding of OOD/OOP distributed systems; designing and developing large scale, high availability software preferably in GoLang;
- Very strong cross-cultural communication skills including communicating with internal engineers and stakeholders, as well as outside clients;
- Experience analyzing data structures and algorithms and issues related to scale, security and availability;
- Experience working with language and compiler design or crypto engineering;
- Experience with and/or interest in some of the following areas:
- Distributed Systems
- Database and Large-scale Storage Systems
- Big Data Processing Systems
- Operating Systems
- Performance Analysis and Optimization
Bonus Points for:
- Comfortable operating in an Agile environment;
- Experienced in hiring engineers;
- 2+ years in a client facing environment;
- Collaborative, communicative and confident in their abilities to work well with all team members at all seniority and skill levels. Comfortable giving and receiving feedback in a servant leadership position.
- Enterprise product development experience;
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Ethereum blockchain experience;
- Java experience;
- Experience working with globally distributed teams;
- Remote-work experience.
Don't check all of the boxes?
Don't sweat it. We're passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class development team in our chaotic-but-fun, remote friendly, start-up environment-apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role. Why join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, team leads at leading tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.