Quality Assurance Engineer (Infura)
Brooklyn, San Francisco, Remote
ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally
. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. About Infura at ConsenSys:
Infura is a platform for decentralized infrastructure, and it is one of ConsenSys' flagship projects. Infura is widely recognized in the Ethereum ecosystem, and its infrastructure powers other very popular projects in the space.
Infura is aiming to be an infrastructure powerhouse and a "source of truth" of the decentralized world.
Infura is the world's leading blockchain infrastructure and Web3 development platform.
Our development suite provides instant, scalable API access to the Ethereum and IPFS networks, empowering developers to rapidly build and scale their decentralized applications to meet user demand. About the role:
Joining the Infura team as a Quality Assurance Engineer, you'll be proficient at self-managing and laser-focused on helping deliver high quality, bug free products. If you are meticulously detailed, organized, enjoy automation and manual testing then you will be a great fit for this role. You'll collaborate closely with the Infura team to ensure we deliver the best product possible while communicating risks and options to mitigate potential problems. Requirements
Ideal Experience and Skills
- Collaborate with engineers to create and maintain detailed automated and manual test cases
- Execute manual test cases against deployments and code in dev, staging, and production environments
- Oversee and handle all things testing for multiple projects at a time
- Estimate, prioritize and plan testing activities
- Review requirements and provide feedback to facilitate test driven development
- Keeping thorough documentation on all aspects of a project, including but not limited to:
- Deployment communication
- Detailed bug tickets
- Manual and automated test cases
- Actively participate in project development meetings such as sprint planning, retros and weekly syncs
- Establish standard methodologies for QA across all Infura projects
- Create frameworks, tooling and best practices for developers to use when creating unit and integration tests
- Experience writing automated and manual test cases
- Experience with Go and TypeScript
- Experience with executing manual tests
- Experience with testing back-end code
- Experience with testing web front-ends
- Experience with mobile testing (Mobile web and native apps)
- Good understanding of the Software Development Process
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding prioritization and time management skills
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- Experience working in a start-up and/or remote company culture
- Experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems
- A willingness to help out where needed - regardless of the scope of your role
- An understanding of the Blockchain and Ethereum ecosystem, with an interest and curiosity to learn more
- Experience working with automation framework tools such as Selenium, Protractor, Junit, Cucumber
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You'll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.