Location: San Francisco, CA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The Onboarding team plays a critical role in executing on that vision-our mission is to swiftly and accurately answer the questions "who is this customer?" (i.e. authentication) and "is this customer who they say they are?" (i.e. verification). We pursue hard engineering problems like secure user authentication, ID document verification and biometric identity verification, with a focus on building a secure and frictionless user experience.
This is where you come in-you'll work closely with design, product, compliance, fraud, security, customer success, and backend teams to build user experiences that will help onboard our next 100 million customers to Coinbase.com. If you're excited by the problem spaces of designing and delivering engaging user experiences, and building trustworthy financial systems, we should talk!
A little about our team: we're a high-functioning team and we take efficient execution to heart. We are a small team and you will have a lot of ownership over the product and a substantial impact on our success! We are thoughtful about code quality, testing and architecture, we push code to production confidently multiple times a day and have great monitoring, alerting and debugging tools for production. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Articulate a long term technical direction and vision for maintaining and scaling our web and mobile onboarding flows (e.g. account creation, identity verification, localization)
- Lead project teams and collaborate effectively within and across multiple teams
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable
- Build, test and ship new user-facing onboarding experiences in modern tools like React, React Native, Typescript, React Navigation, Jest, Webpack, and styled components.
- Debugging & bug-fixing experiences using Crashlytics on mobile, bugsnag on web, and other debugging tools
- Bridging native modules for React Native
- Turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter by working with engineers, product managers and senior leadership.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Nice to haves
- You have at least 7+ years of experience in software engineering.
- You're familiar with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance,, security and usability
- You're familiar with product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers, engineers, and product managers.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You've worked with production scale React apps.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in developing React Native mobile apps
- You've worked on service teams to build robust SDKs
- You've helped move existing native apps to React Native
- You've worked on mobile apps (iOS/Android) or worked closely with mobile engineers.
- You've worked on teams in the identity, onboarding, or finance space