Location: San Francisco
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Be an advisor and thought partner to the CISO, and be able to stand-in during meetings, take key actions and speak on behalf of the CISO.
- Help the security team towards clear and efficient strategy.
- Support the CISO in setting overall communication strategy, planning of internal events and help align internal communications.
- Run the "rhythm of the business," establishing the operating rhythm of the team and helping to facilitate its execution wherever possible.
- Identify and resolve issues gaps with actionable, data-guided recommendations. Create systems and processes that will avoid such problems in the future.
- Organize and coordinate intra-team projects and action items - figure out which fires are burning, prioritize them quickly, and figure out which to put out first!
- Organized and thorough with well-developed project-management skills.
- Excellent understanding of security best practices
- Exceptional attention to detail; follows up consistently to ensure the right results.
- Proven business savvy, including an understanding of the marketplace, competitors, and technology and requirements for sustained operating results.
- A bias to action and a mentality that no job is too big or too small to be done the right way.
- Ability to think strategically from first principles while managing with a sense of urgency through ambiguities.
- Outstanding communication skills, including experience refining the leadership messaging and ensuring ideas are understood by the right audiences.