Over the last 7 years, we've built the leading cryptocurrency platform in the world, serving over 30 million customers in more than 100 countries. As we look towards the next billion customers, and realizing our vision of creating an open financial system for the world, we're growing our team to help us build a world-class mobile experience.
As the first Software Engineer, Mobile Tools and Infrastructure, you will be at the heart of Coinbase's engineering process, building software that empowers teams to develop and deliver high-quality products quickly. Coinbase is focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges while working toward building an open financial system and shipping at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
The Release and Automation team ensures Coinbase's success by partnering with engineering teams and developing scalable tools, infrastructure, and processes that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly. We impact millions of users by increasing the pace of product development and ensuring our products are thoroughly tested. We are champions for code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing.
Coinbase works in small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across products and focus areas. We're growing quickly, addressing a broad set of technical and product challenges in a rapidly evolving space. Unconstrained by job descriptions, you will be expected to grow and take on new challenges as required, making Coinbase the ideal company for accelerated career growth. What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Build and maintain a continuous integration environment for iOS and Android development at scale.
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining CI and scaling mobile development at Coinbase.
- Refine, improve and implement Release Engineering best practices
- Building tooling and creating scripts to help make writing UI functional tests easier, improve the developer experience and increase velocity.
- Work with engineers, product managers, and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Own mobile developer productivity and onboarding at Coinbase
Nice to Haves:
- You have at least 3 years of experience working to improve mobile CI, release, or build processes at scale
- You have solid experience using a Continuous Integration environment: Circle, BuildKite, Jenkins, etc.
- You have experience deploying mobile apps to App Store & Play Store
- You have good communication and collaboration skills
- You have excellent working experience with scripting languages
- You have excellent working experience in software development or software testing.
- You have created a continuous integration environment from scratch for a growing development team
- You have experience with supporting cross-platform teams (iOS and Android)
- You have experience with static analysis for iOS or Android in a quality context
- You have automation testing experience
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.