Back To All Jobs Business Development Associate
San Francisco, CA
Our mission at Coinbase is to create an open financial system for the world. Today, we provide the bridge between the traditional financial system and Finance 2.0 for over 5M individuals and institutions across 33 countries. We are seeking an exceptional Business Development Associate to support the continued scaling and development of the Coinbase and GDAX businesses globally.
- Represent the company externally and establish strong relationships with financial institutions and technology companies around the world
- Continually research and learn independently to provide key intelligence and actionable insights in an ever-evolving landscape (e.g. which markets we should enter next and how)
- Build relationships with relevant startups, developers, and product leaders, with an eye for prospective strategic partnerships and M&A
- Experience in business development, consulting, finance, or similar, preferably working on financial technology, payments, or banking
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to clearly communicate complex concepts to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 20%, domestic and international) to meet with banks, investors, and other prospective partners
- Comfort managing the priorities of internal and external stakeholders in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Strong knowledge of and passion for digital currency and the creation of an open financial system for the world
- Ability to use Excel and PowerPoint (or similar) to evaluate and present a business case
- Experience at a high-growth technology company
- Knowledge of the payments space
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.