Location: San Francisco, CA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Drive end-to-end M&A and HR integration planning and execution for transactions of different types and sizes
- Partner closely with Deal Leads and cross-functional partners to quarterback deal integration, managing all aspects from strategic planning to ultimate implementation.
- Identify and solve complex cross-functional challenges related to integration, including Legal, HR / People, Finance, and more
- Coordinate across functions and manage many stakeholders, including cross-functional executives and target companies' management teams
- Identify and implement best practices for the M&A integration process
- Participate in growing the Corporate Development function by supporting broader-team initiatives, including hiring
Nice to haves:
- 4+ years experience at top-tier company in M&A integration, project management, or management consulting
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience working with startup management teams and cross-functional execs, including product, engineering, legal, and finance
- BA/BS degree
- 6+ years experience at top-tier company in M&A integration, project management, or management consulting
- Legal and regulatory experience in M&A and financial services
- Experience in financial services and/or consumer Internet, especially focused on digital currency
- MBA, JD, or advanced degree