ConsenSys is a leading blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, and developers. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized world wide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective, trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet .
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security, infrastructure, and more. If you are someone that thrives in an exciting environment where being disciplined, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. About ConsenSys Diligence:
ConsenSys Diligence is expanding its efforts on smart contract security to meet the needs of external clients such as Aave, 0x, Balancer, Uniswap, Status and many more. Our aim is to build the most technically-gifted and engineering-focused blockchain security team. About the role:
Are you looking for the next frontier and challenge where you can apply your expertise in penetration testing, Web Application security testing, vulnerability scanning, and threat modeling? Smart contracts are programs on a blockchain: they never go down, cannot be changed, and run as programmed. These smart contracts directly control money, so you can see that their security is critical .
We are looking to hire someone with a passion for Solidity, the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), and security. Candidates should relish in technical subtleties and minutiae, and have a passion for combining them with a flair for creativity and insight to hack smart contracts.
This is a fun and challenging full-time position hacking, modeling, scanning, auditing, designing and enhancing the security of smart contracts across the board.
A significant part of the work can be done remotely wherever you are; little travel is anticipated (most of the technical team works remotely around the world). There's also an opportunity to stay ahead of demand and lead and build out this team in case that's also of interest. This will be an engineering-first development organization, with the autonomy to manage itself in a manner conducive to software development excellence. It will be rigorous, demanding and not for everyone. We are looking for exceptionally intellectual, bright and technically driven individuals. We will be addressing challenges that have not been encountered before while borrowing from patterns in previous software architectures. Qualifications:
Nice to haves:
- Demonstrated expertise and contributions towards smart contract security, EIPs (Ethereum Improvement Proposals), or research.
- Strong relevant work experience analyzing the security of systems (penetration testing, Web Application security testing, vulnerability scanning, threat modeling, etc.).
- 5 years of relevant work experience, including experience in responding to security problems in target-rich environments, looking at security alerts, front-line analysis and response.
- 1 year demonstrated expertise with Solidity, the EVM, and blockchain
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a written format
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- Publicly visible audit reports in your portfolio
- BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience blogging or presenting on security related topics
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in a relevant field
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You'll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
Click here for the latest updates from ConsenSys