Location: San Francisco
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Advising internal clients on cutting-edge regulatory matters, including partnering with product counsel to structure novel products and services in the cryptocurrency space
- Advising on licensing matters, including assisting with new license applications
- Managing state financial regulator relationships, including in regard to money transmission and escheatment
- Advising on Regulatory policies and procedures
- Managing various regulatory projects, including coordinating across functions, in order to guide business outcomes
- Managing outside counsel, including budgeting
- Providing creative, innovative, and effective legal solutions for business stakeholders on routinely short timelines.
- Collaborating closely with colleagues in the legal team
Nice to haves
- Approximately four - seven years of relevant legal experience, including at a law firm or regulatory agency
- Exceptional legal writing skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience advising on regulatory engagement
- Excellent judgement, analytic rigor, and business pragmatism
- Must be active and in good standing in one State Bar in the United States
- A whip-smart and detail-oriented attorney with solid management and leadership skills
- Interest in policy matters relating to the cryptocurrency industry