Location: San Francisco, CA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The Director Global Benefits & Mobility is responsible for designing benefits and global mobility. This is a highly visible position within the People Team and across the company. As the Director Global Benefits & Mobility, you will influence the strategy and philosophy that will impact Coinbase's most important asset -- our people. Your role will directly shape the positioning in providing competitive benefit programs and building out our global mobility function. You will help design all aspects of our benefit programs.
This position reports to the VP of Global Total Rewards. If you have experience managing multiple competing stakeholder demands in a lightning-fast and ever-changing environment, we'd like to talk to you. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Establish the Benefits vision and strategy in support of Coinbase's overarching mission and goals; develop a roadmap to achieve the defined vision and strategy.
- Support Coinbase's Total Rewards strategy by executing against strategic goals, developing and delivering options that drive employee engagement, guiding the Executive decision-making process with thorough research and analysis and delivering a compelling story through executive presentation materials.
- Shape global mobility so we're providing a great experience to employees, and ensure that every our employee's feel supported, heard, and empowered
- Build deep, effective partnerships with People, Talent, Legal, Finance, Accounting, and Tax teams to create and manage Coinbases's global mobility programs
- Develop and drive an effective Benefits communication strategy to ensure employee understanding of Benefits plan offerings, policies, and key dates.
- Design and ensure delivery of an optimal employee experience for Benefits related processes and events (e.g. Open enrollment, life events, onboarding etc.)
- Assess current and future vendor relationships to ensure they fit Coinbase's needs as we scale. Manage vendor relationships to ensure optimal execution of benefits programs. Lead negotiations and annual contract renewals with our carriers.
- Partner with Wellbeing Program Lead in promoting wellness initiatives, ideating in innovative programs that anticipate employee needs, and optimizing the employee experience.
- Leverage collaborative partnerships with our benefits and retirement administrators to maintain compliance with both federal and state regulations (ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, ACA, CFRA, etc).
- Lead complex, cross-functional projects by understanding stakeholder requirements and building consensus with creative and collaborative solutions.
- Lead, manage and develop a small but mighty team of benefits professionals.
Nice to haves:
- 10+ years Benefits experience
- Experience working with Workday in Benefits administration
- Experience leading full cycle company-wide Open Enrollment
- Expert knowledge of group medical/dental plan policies and practices
- Expert understanding of Federal and State regulations on Benefits, Retirement, Leaves of Absence
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interpret benefits plan options and policy features to a broad audience with variable familiarity of Benefits
- 5+ years of mobility experience in a fast-paced environment
- High level of familiarity with immigration policy and its continuous evolution
- Previous experience with building systems to help scale relocation, internal transfer, and immigration/work authorization programs
- Expertise in building trusting relationships with leaders at all levels
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic vision-building and rolling up your sleeves
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Comfort with interpreting and using people data to tell a story and translating it into actionable strategy
- Managing multiple competing stakeholder demands in a lightning-fast and ever-changing environment
- Experience adapting and evolving mobility operations and strategy through multiple phases of a company's growth
- Experience supporting international/global mobility operations
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.