An opportunity to lead the development and execution of highly complex and large-scale data structures and pipelines for one of the US's Leading healthcare firms.
As a leader for Data Engineering and Strategy, you will be responsible for the leadership and coordination of analytics initiatives aimed at optimizing financial performance. You will collaborate with business partners from Finance, Underwriting, Client Operations, and Sales to develop effective solutions for our partners.
You will be responsible for leading a team of data engineers developing analytic solutions making analytics faster, more insightful, and more efficient using the latest in data technology.THE COMPANY
- One of the US's largest healthcare firms with a market cap in the 10s of Billion, members in the 10s of millions and partnerships with top Silicon Valley organizations
- One of the largest data science functions in the US with 100+ top specialists in areas such as Deep Learning, NLP and other advanced Machine Learning methodologies
- Directs the activities of one or multiple data engineering teams. Provides strategic leadership for the design, development, testing, and delivery of large-scale data structures and pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows.
- The building, architecting and maintaining a next-generation Financial Analytics applications designing highly scalable and extensible data platform including but not limited to RDBMS / Big Data / Cloud which enables industrializing collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from heterogeneous channels
- Bringing a DevOps mindset to enable data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies
- Developing prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions, and implement complex data engineering projects
- Applying an analytic mindset to a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, and automating data feedback loops in support of business innovation
- Managing and addressing operational data issues by establishing workarounds and/or bringing in cross-functional teams to solve the issues in a timely manner
- Leads the development and execution of highly complex and large-scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect, and standardize data to generate insights and address reporting needs.
- You are a go-getter and self-starter with a rich leadership experience
- 10 or more years of significant progressive experience in delivering analytics/reporting solutions including 3 years of experience in traditional data warehousing, Big data, and data lake solutions, and strong data management experience
- Experience in working with the cross-functional business team to understand the business needs to define and manage the data road map
- Experience in leading and guiding matrix business and IT teams to coordinate rapid prototyping and data discovery, as well as business support for traditional data warehouse and data lake development processes
- Ability to meet tight deadlines without compromising on the quality of deliverables
- Proficiency with traditional warehouse technologies like Teradata, SQL, BTEQ, BI Tools and Big data technologies Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Hive LLAP, Scala, R, Python, big data on Cloud, and others
WHAT'S ON OFFER:
- Data and analytic experience within the Healthcare industry, Financial analytics experience is added advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail and influence decision-making by non-analytical business audiences
- Outstanding process and project management skills, including coordinating, activates across diverse departments and ensure that contributions across different teams are lined and integrated as part of the overall delivery
- Experienced in budgeting & forecasting, managing and coaching team members
- Requires exceptional judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Part of the leadership fabric at a firm with some of the largest data capabilities in the world
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- Very competitive package, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits and more