Location: San Francisco, CA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
In this Litigation Support Specialist role, you will serve as a point of contact and subject matter expert managing Coinbase's Litigation Support needs from an IT perspective. You will assist day-to-day operational tasks including data extractions and legal hold requests, as well as participate in process redesign/iterations and technology solution selections. You will also partner closely with business stakeholders and the Sr E-Discovery & Litigation Support Specialist to interpret requests and align solutions with best practices and governance, with a keen focus on Security. What you'll be doing (ie. responsibilities):
What we look for in you (ie. qualifications):
- Developing strategies and operational plans for litigation support services, including litigation legal assistance, e-discovery, trial support, case management, litigation docketing, contract services and vendor management
- Supporting the execution of strategy and measure results quarterly
- Maintain a training program for the use of litigation support tools and processes
- Assist day-to-day technology litigation support duties with Legal team
- Review litigation needs and advise on technology products to meet needs
- Assist with procurement and roll out of litigation products
- Handle complex electronically stored information (ESI) collections, inquiries, data processing and transfer, database setup, and data migrations
- Manage (with Legal) oversight of outside counsel and/or document review teams
- At least 3-5 years experience (preferred) at an AmLaw 100 firm or national vendor in Litigation Support space with a background in developing and implementing comprehensive litigation department strategies and programs. In-house experience required.
- Prior experience in using and integrating Relativity / CS Disco / Everlaw / Logikcull (or equivalent), Smarsh, Salesforce, and/or similar systems
- Working knowledge of SQL databases; searching and processing extracted data for legal/litigation needs
- Working knowledge of WORM-compliant records/data management
- Has performed ESI collections and migrations on both end user devices and cloud based services, e.g. email, chat and document file repositories
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree or JD preferred