Location: San Francisco, CA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
Coinbase is hiring! We are looking for an experienced engineer to support the team that automates identity and access management, role based access controls, and administer cloud based IT systems and tools. The successful candidate will have previous experience and success in similar roles in rapidly growing environments. The right person is passionate about automation, scripting, and building infrastructure as code. Willingness to "roll up their sleeves" while simultaneously planning for scale is critical to success with this role! What you'll be doing:
Partner across the organization and the business to identify, evaluate, and resolve issues related to IT systems and integrations
What we look for in you:
- Build and configure various tools used to automate identity management, account provisioning and deprovisioning, and ensure access by role
- Manage policies and single sign-on with Okta; identify and drive efficiencies and improvements to the current system
- Configure G Suite applications for enterprise-wide implementation of services
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies in workflow and manual process through automation
- Drive open source/code-based solutions and infrastructure where possible
- Drive technical and process improvements to support a security first environment
- Build and maintain internal and external documentation around process and workflows
- Support e-discovery, compliance, and audit efforts across the IT organization
- Function as a technical escalation point for the IT organization and the business
- Develop operational metrics and help measure success across the team
- Mentor and develop team members across the organization
Nice to haves:
- 6-8 years relevant experience
- G Suite application administration or GAM development experience
- Expert knowledge and proficiency implementing and/or administering Okta
- Experience at scale with administration of cloud based providers and tools
- Previous experience building and supporting complex integrations across systems
- Previous experience developing automation through API usage and/or scripting
- Experience implementing privileged access management solutions
- Strong fluency and experience in at least one scripting language (Ruby, Go)
- Previous experience partnering closely with Security
- Able to deliver clear and concise communication
What to send:
- Possess a growth mindset and passion for learning
- Passionate about building infrastructure as code
- Experience using Amazon Web Services and DevOps tools (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Terraform, etc.)
- Links to your GitHub/Stack Overflow or something awesome that you've built.
- A brief answer to the following question: What have you built that you're most proud of?
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.