Location: New York, NY
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The Coinbase tax team is focused on ensuring that Coinbase complies with all of its tax obligations in all of our global operations and for tax planning to ensure an optimal and efficient tax structure. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
The Senior Manager, Tax Operations will be an integral member of the team working in coordination with the Coinbase tax operations team and the greater Coinbase financial team to support:
The integrity and accuracy of Coinbase's worldwide tax provision including the tax aspects of its financial statements The timely and accurate reporting of Coinbase's tax position across the multiple jurisdictions that Coinbase is subject to tax Execution, maintenance and constant improvement of tax processes and controls Partnering with the greater Coinbase tax and finance teams to ensure full compliance with all laws and regulations. What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
Nice to haves
- 6-10 years of relevant tax experience, ideally with a mix at both a Big 4 accounting firm and in industry
- Significant experience with ASC 740
- Significant experience with the preparation and review of complex US consolidated federal income tax returns
- Broad based technical tax experience, ideally with a focus on financial services
- Exposure to US international tax concepts of Subpart F, foreign tax credits, GILTI, FDII and Beat
- Experience working in teams and collaborating across different business and professional disciplines
- Advanced degree in accounting and/or tax (MST,LLM)
- Great speaking and communication skills working with business teams and explaining tax concepts to a non-tax audience
- Experience with leading tax provision and tax compliance systems