Senior Software Developer / Tech Lead
ConsenSys - Codefi Assets About ConsenSys
ConsenSys is a blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, and developers. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized world wide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. About Codefi Institutional Product Group
This ConsenSys group is focused on two products:
- Codefi Assets enables the manufacturing, issuance, sale, trading and use of digital assets representing either real world assets (commodities, good, etc.) or financial assets (shares of funds, bonds, syndicated loans, etc.) in a secure way and compliant with the relevant regulations.
- Codefi Foundation enables the automation of underlying business processes across participants in ecosystems, reducing operational cost and risks and increasing trust between participants .
And contributes generic business middlewares/APIs of ConsenSysOS (ConsenSys blockchain Operating System for commerce and finance).
Codefi Assets is based on a multi-purpose Digital Assets API that enables the manufacturing, issuance, transfer of digital assets, stablecoins, loyalty coins, collectibles. The API relies on open-source token standards designed and reviewed by the Ethereum community.
Codefi Assets also includes a Digital Asset Platform that is an advanced and configurable frontend for the Digital Assets API but mostly focused on asset management use cases (venture capital, private equity, real estate funds, etc.) and that incorporate a KYC module, Asset Creation module (reflecting the features of the API as outlined above) an Order Management module to handle subscription periods and soon a secondary trading module (Bulletin Board for the financial services industry or decentralised Atomic Swaps protocol for crypto/stablecoins use cases). The platform enables operational efficiencies and the expansion of market opportunities (broadening potential investor base, fractionalisation and therefore lower entry ticket, etc.)
Both the Digital Assets API and Platform are powered by Ethereum blockchain technology (the largest blockchain developer community in the world) and enable the deployment of use cases on private Ethereum, network, public Ethereum testnets or mainnet with also the ability to transfer tokens from one network to another securely. About the role: ConsenSys is looking for a Senior Developer / Technical Lead for Codefi Assets to help drive the Digital Asset efforts.As Technical Lead, you will be responsible for:
Job requirements: Required:
- Actively participating in hands-on design and review of the code base and development
- Leading a team building full-stack web applications and innovative smart contracts
- Owning the technical feasibility of the platform at all levels of the stack as it scales
- Helping to develop talented engineers who form strong teams capable of learning and innovating
- Owning the timeliness and quality of the code that ships
Bonus points for:
- 6+ years with NodeJS, Typescript (frontend/backend), React hands-on development
- Experience with (some) elements of blockchain, cloud computing, virtual machines, distributed computing, parallelization and cryptography
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organisation
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game
Why join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- Experience managing engineering teams with a proven history of shipping code
- Experience with microservice architectures/event driven architectures
- Understanding of Blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Experience designing and developing User Interfaces
- Experience with Smart Contracts
- Experience with SQL Development
- Previously worked in a remote environment
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
A few important things to know
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, team leads at leading tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game
- Some travel could be required. Projects can be on client sites, so our team members need to be flexible and up for travel. We do our best to take people's personal situations into account, but we know it's not for everyone
- Project work at client's office locations could be required (on average 50%, but can vary between 0% and 100% depending on project)
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.