Location: San Francisco
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
At Coinbase, maintaining a high security bar earns us the trust of millions of customers. They choose to buy, sell and store billions of dollars worth of digital assets in our products. As a Senior Software Engineer on the security tools teams, you'll build automation that reduces the security friction that comes with maintaining a high security bar.
The Security Tools team works closely with our customers (engineering and security teams) to automate security controls and security workflows, and to develop risk discovery tooling. You'll balance the role of being an individual contributor while anchoring new projects. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Design and develop tools to automate security controls and security workflows
- Maintain the development of our open source security orchestration tool, Salus
- Continuously improve existing security tooling to adapt to our internal infrastructure
- Accelerate engineering and security velocity by implementing against security controls and security workflows across our engineering organization
- Build and design risk discovery tooling leveraging our polyglot services and infrastructure
Nice to haves:
- You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution
- You know what high quality code and software engineering processes look like and how to foster an environment that creates them
- You are passionate about building an open financial system for the world
- You built systems, automation and tooling on cloud services
- Design tools that solve problems in simple and scalable ways
- You are familiar with integrating security automation within service oriented architectures at scale
- You are familiar with event-driven architecture and understand when it's the right solution
- You enjoy building tooling that solves security problems
- Experience working in a high security and/or highly regulated industry
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.