The opportunity to drive the adoption of Machine Learning and Computer Vision at a leading technology company with a market cap of over $750M.
The firm in question provides innovative software and services for point-of-sale (POS), reservation and table management, property management (PMS), inventory and procurement, workforce management, analytics, document management, and mobile and wireless solutions exclusively to the hospitality industry.The role:
Senior Applied Scientist who has deep passion for building machine-learning solutions and can help us take our products to the next level. In this role, you will
- Conduct hands-on data analysis and design machine-learning models.
- Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements, technical designs and solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and research new machine learning approaches to drive innovation.
- Help drive adoption of Machine Learning across the company.
- Master's degree in Data Science, Analytics or Computer Science with Machine Learning specialization or related discipline. A PhD is preferred.
- 6+ years hands-on experience in building Machine Learning solutions.
- 4+ years' experience with data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complex analysis.
- Strong coding knowledge, experience with Azure or AWS machine learning pipelines.
- Excellent understanding of convolution neural networks and other machine vision algorithms and methodologies.
- Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts and solutions.
- Proven hands on experience working with large data sets and training models.
- Ability to extract the practical implementation information from academic papers.
- Interest in working on embedded systems.
- Proven track record of executing complex projects.
Competitive base salary with stock package and annual bonus program.