Location: San Francisco
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here. About Coinbase Consumer
The Coinbase Consumer team plays a critical role in executing on the company vision, and is the origin of the company. We're building the most secure, trusted and easiest to use cryptocurrency investment product for individuals. We are the go-to starting point for millions of people getting started with crypto, as well as long-standing loyal customers with advanced knowledge of the space.
We take on hard user experience problems to deliver delightful and easy to use products from very complex technical challenges. You'll help design our flagship products for the largest customer base in crypto, and define user experiences for entirely new features that the ecosystem has not seen before. What you'll be doing
What we look for in you
- Work in a small team to iteratively improve user experience
- Take new features from ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to production
- Design web and mobile experiences that are simple and intuitive
- Participate in regular design reviews where you'll seek out specific feedback on your designs and incorporate relevant feedback
- Execute on the product roadmap and help define product strategy
- Daily collaboration with Engineering, User Research, and Product
Nice to haves
- 5+ years of professional Product Design experience
- Experience designing consumer-facing experiences for web and mobile
- Excellence in UX thinking, visual design, and written communication
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with engineers, user researchers, and product teams
- Fluency in Figma and prototyping tools
- Comfort in a fast paced, iterative, experimental, and data-driven environment
- Understanding of acquisition and conversion, metrics-driven design, and eg. A/B experimentation
- Strong interest in crypto consumer customer life cycle
- Lots of empathy for customers ie. business success through the lens of user success
- Low ego, collaborative, and open minded
- Interest in crypto or financial products
- User of Coinbase products
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.