Our client, an exciting start-up, is looking for a Senior Visualization & Data Looker Engineer in Redwood City, CA. We are proud to be working with a next-generation Tech start-up, who are building a start of the art Universal rewards app. They require an experienced Tableau Engineer, based in Redwood City, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to start as an individual contributor and design a state-of-the new mobile Application.
Role and Responsibilities
- Tableau Consultant, capable of making Technology & Architecture choices for a Data Visualization Infrastructure
- Implementation of state-of-the-art Maps & Dashboards
- Comfortable in a Product Development Environment, building version 1.0 from scratch
- Experience in a startup/agile development environment
- Able to make timely decisions while dealing with uncertainties/inadequate information
- Passionate about delivering a high-quality user experience
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, out of the box thinking
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years working knowledge of Tableau; or equivalent (hands-on experience is a must)
- Understanding Tableau in terms of Scaling and Performance.
- Strong knowledge of maps & experience building high-quality map visualizations
- Experience with Geojson, Polygons, Paths, Arcs, Polylines, Shapes etc.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience using databases like Postgres and Redshift
- Lead efforts for data quality, validations & sanity
- Background experience in using Git, version control, performing code reviews
Degree/Master in Computer Science
Previous startup experience is a plus
Experience with Amazon Web Services(AWS)