Based in Los Angeles, Our client is an innovative and fast-growing startup looking to change the face of online product and content discovery in core consumer categories on mobile. They are funded by some of the most prestigious VCs in Silicon Valley (SF) and Silicon Beach (LA), including Sequoia Capital's seed fund, Plug n' Play, Upfront Ventures Community Fund, Mucker Capital to name a few. The team comes from years of experience from storied places such as Disney/Maker Studios, Dreamwork's Awesomeness TV, ByteDance (makers of TikTok), and more.
As a mobile app company, they are an arising beauty community which helps consumers discover beauty products which are personalized to their needs through authentic product reviews from the helpful community members.
Do you obsess about elegantly written code, creating data structures, shaping server architecture, and developing app infrastructure? If you are our client is looking for a senior backend engineer to join!
As a member of this team, you will design and implement the next generation of architecture. Your qualifications should have more backend and architecture experience. Working from their Los Angeles, or Taiwan/Beijing Office, you'll collaborate across engineering and product teams to build our mobile app.
What You'll Do
- Extensive backend and app architecture
- Develop large-scale software systems that powers the app
- Improve system design and architecture to ensure high stability and performance of the service
- Drive the technical and organizational roadmap for the team
- Influence key decisions on architecture and implementation of scalable, reliable, and cost-effective engineering solutions
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams distributed across multiple
- Build and grow a team of exceptional software engineers and technical leaders
- Proficient in at least one of following languages: Ruby, Go, Java
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience managing a team
- Deep understanding of computer architectures, data structures and algorithms;
- Strong interest or previous experience with Startup is a must
- Familiar with AWS services and has hands-on experience