Location: San Francisco
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
As an engineering manager on the Wallet team, you'll be leading a team that builds and maintains Coinbase's Wallet app that lets our users manage cryptographic identities, securely store digital assets, and interface with decentralized applications. Think "global venmo" + "decentralized web browser". You'll work closely with our product and design teams to identify what our customers need and work cross-functionally with other engineering and non-engineering teams to ship new features to the Wallet app. If you're passionate about cryptocurrency, the decentralized web, hard engineering problems, and building great user experiences, we should talk.
A little about our team: We take continuous learning to heart - every day in our world brings new ideas and opportunities. We take personal ownership of our mission and truly believe we will deliver on it. We also value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Grow and develop the team
- Hire engineers on the team
- Build processes that enable engineers to collaborate and work together
- Take actions and focus efforts to ensure high engagement and health for the team
- Introduce industry best practices and technologies where applicable
- Represent the team cross-functionally and create visibility for the team
- Work with engineers, product managers, designers, and other team leads to define the team's vision and turn it into a tangible roadmap every quarter
- Be hands-on and if needed help build our systems (e.g. write code, take on-call rotations and review projects with engineers)
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction
Nice to haves
- You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering and at least 5 years of engineering management experience
- You have experience attracting, hiring and retaining great talent on your team; you have experience mentoring senior engineers
- You know what high-quality code - and software engineering processes - look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them
- You're passionate about building an open financial system for the world
- You have worked on mobile products with a focus on finance, security, or user experience.
- You have experience in cryptography and blockchain technologies.
- You are familiar with the decentralized finance ecosystem.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU , United Kingdom , and California . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.